- Loose stools
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased serum iron
- Hypersensitivity to the drug
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Partial intestinal obstruction
- Chronic intestinal diseases
- Severe renal impairment
- Mild to moderate renal impairment
- Along with insulin or sulfonylureas
- Enhance hypoglycaemic effects of sulfonylureas give glucose in such situations
Interaction: No serious drug interaction reported.
Servings: Oral: 25mg thrice daily; start with the 1st bite of each main meal. Increased to 50mg thrice daily after 4 to 8 week. Then increased to 100mg thrice daily after 3 months if required based on the glycosylated haemoglobin level.