- Abdominal disturbances
- Allergic reactions
- Recent arterial haemorrhage
- Immediately postpartum
- Premature detachment of placenta
- Parenteral form contraindicated in heart diseases
- Severe anaemia
- Renal impairment
- Hepatic impairment
- In cardio vascular disorders such as heart failure, severe angina, peripheral arterial diseases, resent myocardial infarction etc.
- Along with other medication
Servings: Cerebral and peripheral vascular diseases: Oral: Starts with 20mg; 6th hourly. Reduces the dosage up to 10mg 8th hourly based on patient`s response. I.V.: Initially at an infusion rate of 0.3mg/minute. Then adjust the dosage based on the patient`s response. I.M.: Initially 5mg 8th hourly and gradually increases to 10 to 20mg 8th hourly. Prevention of premature labour and threatened abortion: I.V.: Initially at an infusion rate of 0.3mg/minute. Then adjust the dosage based on the patient`s response. I.M.:10mg at intervals of 60 to 120 minutes Oral: 20mg 6th hourly or 40mg (sustained release) 12th hourly. Reduces the dosage based on patient`s response.